SFATA – Making Electronic Cigarettes Safe
30th October 2012
SFATA – Making Electronic Cigarettes Safe.
Convenience Store News, has reported about a new electronic cigarette advocacy group.
Did you hear about it?
- This group has originated as the Smoke-Free Alternatives Trade Association (SFATA). It is basically a consortium of North American e-cigarette distributors and retailers. They are dedicated towards promoting the idea of self-regulation within the industry.
- They initiated by attending an October 8 (2012) trade show in Las Vegas. The team promoted their organisation and the ideals.
- The group did not only spread a word about self-regulation. Also, raised over $500,000 in voluntary donations. They have decided to use this money in promoting themselves and growing their organization.
- that self-regulation is a great move to ensure electronic cigarettes safety without the intervention of government.
- They cited the efforts from the officials in the European Union.
- The World Health Organisation and U.S. FDA, who are looking forward to potential prohibitive e-cig legislation.
- Officials at SFATA stress on removing the need for any regulation by voluntarily establishing appropriate standards as well as members agreeing to this idea.
- Launch of new vapor product lines contribute to the growth of the e-cigarette market globally.
- The vapor products market is witnessing an increase in desire among end-users globally to quit smoking.
Electronic Cigarettes products are restricted in several countries:
- firstly, MEA
- secondly, Latin America
- also, Saudi Arabia,
- and Argentina.